Penn Textile Solutions is committed to responsible use of any kind of resource. The company is constantly investing in new and more efficient technology to manage these resources. This includes ongoing improvements in processing. The majority of actions lead to a reduction in our carbon footprint.
Some examples for the sustainable management of resources:
• 2013 Installation and commission of a decentralized power sub-station
|-||massive reduction of CO2 emissions by 820.000 kg / year|
|-||reduction of general energy consumption|
|public buildings in the neighbourhood use the excess warm water from PTS production plus hot water created by cooling the generator in the sub-station for their heating and sanitary systems|
|high temperature energy from sub-station emissions is used to heat up PTS’ own boiler (for dyeing and finishing, heating and sanitary systems)|
|reduction of boiler energy consumption, increase of life-cycle for boiler|
• All products are certificated with the Oeko-Tex label from the Hohenstein Institute.
• No hazardous or harmful dyes and chemicals are used based on German legislation
“TA Luft”, “TA Wasser”, ”TA Lärm” and “Bundesemissionschutzgesetz”. We are
regularly audited and certificated by the local authorities on the above.
• The company works only with certificated suppliers following European legislation
standards and Oeko-Tex certificates. The compliance with “REACH” is a given.
• A state of the art air filtering system is used for the finishing area.
• A waste management system is in place. All waste is separated and then recycled.
• We use of recyclable dyestuff containers in our dyehouse.
• Our packaging material is made of recycled materials.
• Our electricity supply is 100 % from natural sources like wind, water and solar energy.
• From 2006 to 2009 we have installed:
|-||a new gas fired boiler which reduced the usage of gas by 12%.|
|-||a new hot water and steam boiler which reduced the usage of gas by another 50%.|
|-||a new floor heating system using waste heat recovery systems.|